Website Product Terms & Conditions
ReachLocal New Zealand Limited (trading as LocaliQ)
Online Marketing Services Terms & Conditions
ReachSite Product Terms & Conditions
Last Modified: 13 September 2023
Important: These are the Product Terms (these “ReachSite Terms”) pertaining to ReachLocal New Zealand Limited (trading as LocaliQ) customised website product, ReachSite. These Product Terms are referred to in the LocaliQ online marketing services terms and conditions (the “Marketing Services Terms”) and are incorporated therein.
Please read this carefully. Your execution or approval of an Order Form for Marketing Services which includes ReachSite constitutes your agreement to be bound by these ReachSite terms.
In the event of a conflict between these ReachSite Terms and the Marketing Services Terms and/or an Order Form, these ReachSite Terms shall prevail.
We reserve the right to make changes to these ReachSite Terms at any time. We shall provide notification of changes in these terms by updating the last modified date set forth above. All such changes shall be binding upon you once posted online at our website www.localiq.nz, unless such changes are material in which case such changes shall not take effect until the next time you sign an Order Form which includes ReachSite.
Terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Marketing Services Terms.
ReachSite is a customised website that works in conjunction with Client Centre with Lead Engagement. You will be able to choose from a range of packages for your website, which will include:
- A website using responsive design to automatically optimise your site for mobile devices
- 5 or more pages as ordered, based on a template suited to your business vertical or custom-designed package
- Original, web-optimised copy, as needed
- Licensed stock images, as needed
- Photo gallery
- Contact form / newsletter signup or custom form if ordered
- Click to call (mobile)
- “Follow us” social buttons
Additional products and services, such as additional mailboxes, additional pages with copywriting, appointment bookings, small online store and additional service hours may be purchased for an additional fee. Major patching or any additional work may incur extra fees, pricing to be quoted as needed.
Ongoing Support. A monthly fee will include:
- Monthly inbound support (phone/email) for standard design, copy and configuration changes
- Domain (1 year)
- Hosting (shared)
- Basic SSL certificate
- Updates to copy and images
- Technical Support for basic issues and ‘fixes’
- Maintenance, including minor patching
Client Centre with Lead Engagement’s software, mobile app and enhanced Tracking Services will allow you to get the most out of your ReachSite. Please see the Client Centre with Lead Engagement Product Terms for information on the terms governing Client Centre with Lead Engagement.
2. Website Logistics.
- Set-Up. Immediately upon purchase of a ReachSite, we will begin writing custom content for your website based on your business, products/services and goals for the website (the “Custom Content”), and designing your website based on the theme you select. We will schedule a consultation with one of our service professionals to take place after your purchase of a ReachSite to review the completed website. We will also send you multiple communications regarding the creation and set-up of your website, including a link to your completed website for review, and we ask that you provide any feedback or revisions within the requested timeframes. However, if you are unable to review the materials or the completed website within the requested timeframes, we will deliver to you the website so you can enjoy its benefits immediately, and any revisions can be made later after your review.
- Registration Information. During the set-up process, you will provide LocaliQ with various information required to create your website. You acknowledge and agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about your business and agree to promptly update the information if any of it changes. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, or if LocaliQ has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, LocaliQ may terminate its obligations hereunder without any requirement or obligation to refund to you any amounts you may have paid LocaliQ.
- Domains. If you elect to use your own pre-purchased domain name, you are solely responsible for maintaining the internet domain name, including all renewals and paying all applicable registration and maintenance fees. In addition, you represent and warrant that you own all rights to such domain name or, alternatively, that you have the right to use the domain name in connection with your website. If you do not have an existing domain, we can also purchase a new domain name on your behalf, which will be included in the ongoing cycle fees. Upon cancellation, responsibility for any domain name and cost will be borne by the client unless otherwise advised.
- Site access. In the case updates are made to the site by you or a third party that you elect, causing issue(s) resulting in necessary fixes or patches, you agree to pay the costs associated with rectifying the issue(s).
- Description of Fees. You agree to pay the fees set forth on the Order Form.
- Timing of Payment. You will pay all amounts in advance of LocaliQ delivering the ReachSite website.
- The website is sold with a minimum 12 cycle subscription period (each cycle being 30 days (+/- 1 to 2 days) duration).
- Upon expiration of the initial 12 cycle minimum period, the subscription shall automatically renew for 1 cycle periods, unless terminated at least 30 days in advance of the next cycle starting.
- In the case of non-payment of the cycle fee (or cancellation) within the 12 cycle subscription period, you agree to pay the balance of fees owing for the subscription period (Cancellation Fee). If fees owing remain unpaid for a period of 30 days after they were due, LocaliQ may remove the site from the hosting provider.
- Site files shall not be transferred to the client until any balances owing are paid in full.
You understand and acknowledge that all amounts owed must be paid in advance and that, in addition to being in breach of your contractual obligations, your ReachSite website will not be delivered if full payment is not made.
4. Privacy Matters.
- Disclosure of Information. In addition, you understand and acknowledge that we may disclose such of your information, including your contact and account information, to courts, law enforcement authorities and/or other relevant third parties, when such disclosure is necessary or advisable, at our sole discretion, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be: (i) violating our terms and conditions of use; (ii) causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating our property or other legal rights, or those of other users or third parties; or (iii) violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
5. Legal Requirements.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for providing any disclaimers, notices or other content that you may be required to include on your website due to legal, licensing or other requirements specific to your profession, business, location or any other requirements. Similarly, if you are prohibited from making certain statements on your website due to legal, licensing or other requirements, it is your sole responsibility to inform LocaliQ of such limitations and confirm your website is compliance in connection with each required approval. For example, if you are a lawyer and your bar rules require you to include certain disclaimers on advertising materials, it is your responsibility to provide such disclaimers.
6. LocaliQ Materials.
- Ownership. Other than any Client Content (as described below), (i) any text, images, logos, trademarks, service marks, promotional materials, product or service information, photos, audio and video clips and other information provided by LocaliQ for your ReachSite website (collectively, the “LocaliQ Materials”) are owned by LocaliQ or other parties that have licensed their material or provided services to LocaliQ, and are protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property laws. LocaliQ hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to the LocaliQ Materials for the purpose of the ReachSite website only. You will not (and will not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, or sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right in any LocaliQ Materials.
- Infringing Content. LocaliQ will promptly notify you if the use of any LocaliQ Materials infringes or could infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. You agree not to use any such LocaliQ Materials after notice of such infringement or potential infringement.
7. Your Content and Data.
- Content. As between you and LocaliQ, you own all of the content, including any text, images, logos, trademarks, service marks, promotional materials, product or service information, comments, reviews, photos, audio and video clips and other information, that you provide LocaliQ for inclusion in your website (referred to as “Client Content”). You hereby grant LocaliQ and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, license to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise exploit your Client Content in connection with your LocaliQ website. LocaliQ may use your Client Content to the extent it is (or has been) accessible on your website to advertise and promote ReachSite, and may list and otherwise refer to you and your business as users of the ReachSite service. LocaliQ’s license to your Client Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use your Client Content for your own purposes or let others use your Client Content for their purposes. LocaliQ’s license to your Client Content is fully-paid and royalty free, meaning LocaliQ does not owe you or any third party anything else in connection with LocaliQ’s use of the Client Content. LocaliQ may exercise its rights anywhere in the world.
- Representations. You are legally responsible for your Client Content and LocaliQ is in no way responsible for it. You represent and warrant that:
- You own all rights to Client Content or, alternatively, you have the unrestricted right to give LocaliQ the rights described above, including the right to display the Client Content on your website;
- You have paid and will pay in full any fees or other payments that may be related to the use of the Client Content; and
- The Client Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or other legal rights of any third party.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.
LOCALIQ PROVIDES THE REACHSITE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEE OF CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED AVAILABILITY. IF THE REACHSITE SERVICES ARE INTERRUPTED OR DELAYED, LOCALIQ’S SOLE OBLIGATION WILL BE TO RESTORE SUCH REACHSITE SERVICES AS SOON AS PRACTICABLE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LOCALIQ DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. LOCALIQ WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY: (i) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT OR INFORMATION; (ii) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF ANY OF THE REACHSITE SERVICES; (iii) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR USE OF LOCALIQ’S SERVERS OR OF ANY PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION; (iv) BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH THE REACHSITE SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (v) LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, E-MAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE REACHSITE SERVICES; OR (viii) MATTERS BEYOND LOCALIQ’S REASONABLE CONTROL. LOCALIQ DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE OFFERINGS OR ANY LINKED WEB SITE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM LOCALIQ OR THROUGH THE REACHSITE SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE IN THESE TERMS.
9. Non Excludable Conditions.
CERTAIN LAWS, INCLUDING THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW, IMPLY TERMS AND CONDITIONS INTO CONTRACTS FOR THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR SERVICES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED (FOR EXAMPLE, THAT SERVICES MUST BE PROVIDED WITH DUE CARE AND SKILL AND FIT FOR ANY SPECIFIED PURPOSE) (“NON-EXCLUDABLE CONDITION”). IN THE EVENT THAT A TERM, CONDITION OR WARRANTY IS IMPLIED BY LAW INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND LOCALIQ BREACHES THAT NON-EXCLUDABLE CONDITION, LOCALIQ’S LIABILITY WILL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH LAW.
10. Limitations of Liability.
- NO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), OR FOR INTERRUPTED COMMUNICATIONS, LOSS OF USE, LOST BUSINESS, LOST DATA OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY WILL NOT APPLY TO (I) EITHER PARTY’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS, INCLUDING ANY AMOUNTS PAYABLE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH; (II) TO YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS AND/OR (III) EITHER PARTY’S WILLFUL MISCONDUCT.
- LIMITATION ON DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LOCALIQ’S CUMULATIVE, AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY EXCEED THE AMOUNTS RECEIVED BY LOCALIQ FROM YOU FOR THE REACHSITE WEBSITE. IN LIEU OF REFUND, LOCALIQ SHALL BE PERMITTED, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO PROVIDE “MAKE-GOOD” SERVICES, PROVIDED SUCH “MAKE-GOOD” SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITHIN A REASONABLE PERIOD OF TIME AFTER THE LIABILITY HAS ACCRUED.
Last updated on 13 September, 2023